A Mac utility for setting the power management (APM) level on SATA hard drives.
It can be used to eliminate "chirping" or "clicking when idle" noises in some HDDs.
- OS X 10.5 or higher (tested up to 10.11)
- SATA hard disk with APM support.
- Does not work with external USB or Firewire drives.
Further information can be found in the usage guide.
Downloadshdapm version 1.2 (Aug 25, 2012)
- Improved support for systems with multiple drives.
- Detects all APM compatible drives automatically (No need to edit .plist file for Optibays, Mac Pros, etc).
- New uninstall script.